The crazy world of modern dating has really drastically changed the way that people find and connect to each other. Dating apps like Tinder have largely replaced the old way of meeting people through mutual friends.
Now, all you have to do is look at a person’s picture or profile. Then it is as simple as swiping left or right. That is why it is important to make a good impression with your picture and your profile.
Once somebody that you are interested in swipes right on you, then you have a toe in the door. But what then?
It is not always enough for you and the other person to both be interested in each other on a superficial level. But that will also really depend on how casual or how serious the two of you would like this encounter to be.
Whatever your desires and intentions in dating are, it is important for you to ask some questions to find out more about this other person. The questions that you choose to ask can range from silly and flirty to serious.
You will, of course, want to know more about what exactly this other person is looking for. Does this person want a quick and easy hookup? Or are they open to something more serious if the mutual interest is there?
When it comes to these discussions, honesty is clearly very important. The two of you should be looking for the same thing, otherwise, one of you will leave feeling very hurt and disappointed.
Since you are asking questions, you should know what you are looking for as well. Are you looking for long-term love or someone to keep you company for just one night?
Ideally, you will know the answers to this before you start talking to someone on Tinder. Know what you want and what you are looking for before you step out into the dating world.
Is there any interest in casually dating or finding something serious? Do you have anything in common with this person? If you both just want a casual encounter, then that might not matter.
You might want to know what this person does for a living and where they live. How tall are they? Ask any questions that will help you decide if you want to meet this individual in person or not.
And on a deeper level, you can ask about the last relationship or hookup that they had. What kind of person are they? What interests them? What are they passionate about?
Do you get a good impression from this person’s answers or do the answers creep you out or turn you off? When deciding whether or not to continue with this person, listen to your gut feelings.
If you are no longer interested in this person, then be honest with them and move on. Unfortunately, the world of dating can be tough and not everyone will be the right match for you.
This is why it is great to ask questions before you decide if you want to meet your Tinder match. At the same time, remember that this is not an interview for a job. You do not have to put this person through the ringer either.
Just ask enough question so you can get an impression of how compatible you might be with them. Then make your decision and see if they want to meet you too.
Below are plenty of questions that you can ask on Tinder. While some of the questions are more relevant to dating, others are silly random questions that can be fun to discuss.
Part of the fun is that you never know what kind of answers you will receive. You will either feel like you click enough with this person or you will have no interest in meeting them.
The dating world is hard enough these days, so use some of the questions below to get the conversation started with your Tinder match. With any luck, you will find someone worth meeting.
Questions to Ask on Tinder
1. What is the best present that you have ever gotten?
2. What is the best present that you ever gave?
3. Do you have any nicknames?
4. Do you have any siblings?
5. How tall are you?
6. How long have you lived around here?
7. If you moved here, where did you move from?
8. Do you like it here?
9. What is your ideal town or city like?
10. Would you ever get a tattoo? What of?
11. Would you ever get a piercing? Where?
12. What was your first ever job?
13. What was your first job out of school?
14. Where is the last place that you traveled to?
15. Do you believe in aliens?
16. Do you like to cook?
17. What is your favorite sport?
18. Have you used other dating sites or dating apps?
19. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
20. Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
21. Plane ride or road trip?
22. Do you prefer something spicy or sweet?
23. What is your favorite Disney movie?
24. What was your favorite subject in school?
25. If you could have a drink right now, what would it be?
26. Do you like dogs or cats?
27. What do you like to do on a night out?
28. What is the worst movie that you have ever seen?
29. What is something that you would want to be famous for?
30. Do you live by yourself?
31. Do you like coffee or tea?
32. What is a perfect day for you?
33. What is your life story in four sentences?
34. What is something that you have always wanted to do?
35. Do you have any pets?
36. What do you usually do on a Saturday night?
37. What kind of food do you like to eat?
38. How do you feel about Mondays?
39. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
40. Do you play video games?
41. Do you play board games?
42. Are you on other dating sites or apps?
43. What is your worst habit?
44. Who would you say knows you the best?
45. What is the last book that you really enjoyed?
46. What is the last TV show that you really enjoyed watching?
47. So far in your life, what has been your favorite age?
48. What is a piece of advice ha you would give to the younger version of yourself?
49. Would you rather have love or unlimited money?
50. What is the song that you have probably listened to the most?
51. What is the worst age that you have been so far?
52. Who is one person that you would like to have dinner with who is dead?
53. Do you stay up to date with the news?
54. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what is the first thing that you would do?
55. What is the nicest thing that someone has ever said about you?
56. What is in your fridge?
57. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
58. What has been the best thing about your year so far?
59. What was your favorite class in college?
60. Were you in any clubs in college?
61. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
62. Do you believe in ghosts?
63. Do you think magic is real?
64. Do you have any phobias?
65. What is the latest that you have ever stayed up?
66. Have you ever pulled an all-nighter? Why?
67. Would you rather have a baby from the last person you were with or never be able to kids?
68. What was the best thing about your day today?
69. If you could get on a plane to go anywhere, where would you go?
70. What is your favorite place that you have lived?
71. What is your zodiac sign?
72. What is a skill that you wish you had?
73. What is an instrument that you wish you could play?
74. Do you know how to play any instruments?
75. What is one misconception that people often have about you?
76. Do you tend to be late, right on time, or early to things?
77. What does your dream home look like?
78. What is your Myers Briggs type?
79. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
80. What has been the best part of your year so far?
81. If you had enough money to start a business, what kind of business would it be?
82. What is your favorite drink?
83. Do you like tattoos?
84. What is the last book you read?
85. What is your favorite book?
86. What is your favorite movie?
87. What is something that you are really passionate about?
88. What is your favorite childhood memory?
89. What is your favorite thing to eat?
90. What is the last vacation you went on?
91. What is your favorite animal?
92. Do you prefer to hang out at bars or clubs?
93. Are you a vegetarian?
94. Do you have a sweet tooth?
95. Where were you born?
96. What would your superpower be?
97. What is your favorite TV show?
98. What do you watch lately on TV?
99. Do you have any hidden talents?
100. What is your dream job?
101. If you were a DJ, what would be your DJ name?
102. Do you watch any reality TV shows?
103. What is a job that you would be terrible at?
104. What is your biggest pet peeve?
105. What are your goals in life?
106. What is your favorite show?
107. Who is your favorite musician/band?
108. Who is your biggest role model?
109. Do you prefer beer, wine, or cocktails?
110. What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?
111. Do you like your job?
112. What is a topic that you could talk about for hours?
113. What is the ideal vacation for you?
114. Do you speak any other languages?
115. What were you like in high school?
116. What is the next place on your travel list?
117. How long was your longest relationship?
118. How did your last Tinder date go?
119. What part of my profile made you want to talk to me?
120. What are your friends like?
121. What is the last movie you saw?
122. What do you like to do?
123. What did you do last weekend?
124. Do you like scary movies?
125. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
126. Are you an adventurous person?
127. Do you have a nickname?
128. What is your middle name?
129. What is your favorite concert that you have been to?
130. What is your favorite restaurant in the area?
131. Do you play any sports?
132. Do you like the outdoors?
133. What is your favorite sports team?
134. Have you read anything interesting lately?
135. What is your favorite pizza topping?
136. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
137. Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
138. Do you like to do karaoke? If so, what is your favorite karaoke song?
139. Where are you from?
140. What is something that you love about your job?
141. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve?
142. What is your favorite kind of food to eat?
143. What is something that you will not eat?
144. Who is someone who inspires you?
145. What is the weirdest scar you have? How did you get it?
146. Would you rather go skydiving or be in a cage with sharks surrounding you on the outside?
147. How did you meet your best friend?
148. What is a great Wikipedia article that you recently read?
149. What is your favorite physical quality about yourself?
150. What are two or three music albums that have shaped you as a person?
151. Who is a TV character that you relate to?
152. Which 3 fictional characters describe you?
153. What is the most fun thing that you have done around here?
154. Do you have any hobbies?
155. Do you have a celebrity crush?
156. Did you go to school? If so, where did you go?
157. What was your major if you went to college?
158. What is something that people assume about you?
159. What is something that you are really passionate about?
160. Are you religious?
161. Phone calls or texting?
162. Cookies or donuts?
163. Ice cream or cake?
164. Facebook or Instagram?
165. Car or truck?
166. Coffee or tea?
167. Iced coffee or hot coffee??
168. Winter or summer?
169. TV or books?
170. Books or eBooks?
171. TV shows or movies?
172. What kind of pets have you had?
173. Do you prefer the outdoors or the indoors?
174. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
175. What is your favorite international food?
176. Are you a picky eater or an adventurous eater?
177. Who is your favorite author?
178. Have you ever binge-watched a show?
179. What is the last show that you binge-watched?
180. What is a hobby that you would take up if you had the time and money to do it?
181. What do your friends know you for?
182. What were you known for in school?
183. What is your favorite phone app?
184. Do you have a favorite piece of furniture that you currently own or that you used to own?
185. Do you have a favorite artist or a favorite piece of artwork?
186. What is your least favorite household chore?
187. Do you like to work in teams or do you prefer to work alone?
188. How have you changed since high school?
189. Are you in any meetup groups?
190. What are you most excited about in life right now?
191. Can you tell me two truths and a lie?
192. What is the cheesiest pick up line that you have?
193. What did you like most about where you grew up?
194. What did you like the least about where you grew up?
195. What is something that you are bad at?
196. What is something that makes you nervous?
197. If your place was on fire, what is one thing that you would save besides people and your important documents?
198. Have you ever taken a DNA ancestry test?
199. Does your family live near you?
200. Would you ever go back to school?
201. What would you do on a day off?
202. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what is on it?
203. What would your dream house be like?
204. What is an expensive thing that is worth it to you?
205. When do you feel most out of place?
206. What did you do last summer?
207. When was the last time you sang with someone else in the room?
208. Do you sing in the shower?
209. When is the last time that you walked for more than an hour?
210. What are your most favorite and least favorite ice cream flavors?
211. What is the best meal that you have ever had?
212. How many countries have you been to?
213. What is a habit that you would like to get into but have not done yet?
214. Can you leave your home without your phone?
215. What kind of drink do you tend to order when you are on a night out?
216. What did you like about my profile?
217. What do you usually do on a Sunday morning?
218. Do you sleep in on the weekends?
219. Do you like to celebrate the holidays?
220. Do you dress up for Halloween?
221. What is the best Halloween costume that you have worn?
222. Do you go to bed early or late at night?
223. Where did you grow up?
224. What is the most interesting job that you have had?
225. Is there a place around here that you like to visit regularly?
226. What is one thing from your bucket list?
227. What is the worst purchase you ever made?
228. What is the best purchase you ever made?
229. Do you like to dance?
230. What is your favorite place to eat around here?
231. Do you believe in aliens?
232. Do you drink a lot?
233. Do you smoke?
234. How would you spend your 60th birthday?
235. What would you do with a million dollars?
236. Do you have all 10 fingers?
237. Which emoji describes you best?
238. On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?
239. Are you my appendix? Because I feel like I should take you out.
240. Are you a dictator? Because I can feel an uprising in my pants.
241. Do you like to make the first move?
242. Do you think the guy or the girl should make the first move?
243. Can I buy you a drink?
244. How is someone like you single?
245. What clothes do you go to sleep in? T-shirt and gym shorts? Pajamas? Nothing?
246. Do you work out?
247. Where is the craziest place that you have gotten lucky?
248. What is your type?
249. What turns you on?
250. What turns you off?
251. Do you want to come over?
252. Have you ever had a friend with benefits?
253. Do you like to talk dirty?
254. Do you like to cuddle?
255. What is your favorite place to be kissed?-
256. What is something that you like about me physically?
257. Do you like the lights on or off?
258. Are you the type of person to leave right after, the morning after, or do you stay for breakfast?
259. What is a pickup line that has worked for you in the past?
260. What are your favorite positions?
261. How do you feel about oral?
262. Is there something that you absolutely will not do?
263. Do you have any toys?
264. Are you clean?
265. Have you been involved with anyone else recently?
266. When was the last time you were tested?
267. What is something that you would like to try in the bedroom that you have never done before?
268. What are you wearing?
269. Are you more dominant or submissive?
270. What would you say is your best physical feature? Why?
271. Do you like to talk dirty?
272. What is your idea of foreplay?
273. Do you like to be in control?
274. How often do you crave intimacy?
275. Do you like to experiment in the bedroom?
276. What is your biggest fantasy?
277. Do you consider yourself to be romantic?
278. Do you fall in love easily?
279. Do you prefer to keep things casual?
280. How many girls have you slept with?
281. Have you ever had a one night stand?
282. Or you looking for something for serious or do you just want something fun?
283. What is your perfect first date?
284. How long do you think two people should wait before they go all the way?
285. Are you currently in a relationship?
286. What are your feelings on PDA?
Setting up a date:
287. Do you want to get coffee sometime?
288. Do you want to grab a drink?
289. Do you want to grab lunch (or dinner?) Is there a place that you have been wanting to check out?
290. Are you free on [specify a day]?
291. Do you want to come to my place?
292. Can I show you around my favorite neighborhood?